Boat Accidents & Injuries
It’s no big surprise that California is one of the boating, sailing and water sports capitals of the world. After all, if there’s one thing we have, it’s beautiful oceans, lakes and other waterways!
However, even if you are careful and follow all the rules you could still be injured in a boating accident. In fact, with over 4,000 injuries and over 600 deaths related to boating in 2015 alone, it could be said that this is a fairly dangerous pass time!
Compensation for Boating Injuries
The number one priority most people have when contacting a California boat accident attorney is getting compensation for their accident related injuries. As long as the accident was not your fault, you should be compensated for any related injuries.
Three common boating accidents that result in injuries include:
- Being a passenger on a boat when something went wrong;
- Piloting your own boat when someone else collided with it;
- Boating equipment malfunction.
Any of these accidents caused by another should make it possible for you to receive compensation for your injuries.
Act Quickly After a Boat Accident
As with all accidental injuries and damage to property in California, there is a time limit on the period during which you can file a claim against a person or organization.
If you feel that you should be compensated for injuries or property losses, or both, you should contact a personal injury law firm that has experience representing boating accidents in California sooner rather than later.
- Call 323-999-HELP, fill in an online form or initiate a live web chat.
- A real attorney will listen to your account of events. They will then advise you whether you have a strong case or not.
- If we do take on your case, there’s no upfront cost. We only get paid if you do.
There’s no reason to carry the costs related to a boating accident on your own. If the accident was not your fault, talk to a lawyer and find out what you’re entitled to.